RESTRUCTURING AND INSOLVENCY LAW
Identify room for manoeuvre and overcome crises
Insolvency law services and restructuring
With our interdisciplinary approach, we support companies and executive bodies in achieving their goals during the most difficult stages of your business. We support you in
- planning and implementing restructuring measures
- developing concepts with and without insolvency scenarios
- examining reasons for applying for insolvency
- preparing applications for insolvency
- preparing applications for self-administration
- introduction to protective shield proceedings
- avoiding executive liability
- making insolvency plans
- developing financial strategies
- defending against third-party claims
- cases of insolvency offences
Problems in a company often have many internal and external causes. Don’t let your company’s crisis become a personal crisis. Even in exceptional situations there’s frequently unidentified room for manoeuvre in overcoming a crisis. Our key area of expertise is finding this room for manoeuvre and using it.
Avoidance of transactions in insolvency
Since April 2017 the “new” law on avoidance of transaction in insolvency proceedings plays an increasingly important role, not least because of the developments in the case law of the German Federal Supreme Court (Bundesgerichtshof). The objective is to simplify the process for those involved. In practice, however(?), avoidance of transaction in insolvency proceedings is still intensively used for increasing assets.
We provide consultancy in the following circumstances:
- A liquidator making a claim against companies/employees/private individuals
- Companies wanting to prevent avoidance claims being made against them later on
- Liquidators carrying out their claims of avoidance of transactions in insolvency proceedings in and outside of court
Representing interests in insolvency proceedings
In addition to traditional insolvency consultancy, we also regularly represent debtors, creditors and executive bodies in all stages of the insolvency proceedings. As experienced consultants we quickly find our way around in complex business and legal contexts and are able to come up with suitable and practical solutions at short notice.
Our services do not end with submitting claims to the insolvency table. We implement and enforce the retention of title clause and other security rights of the suppliers we represent (goods suppliers, credit institutions etc.). We support our customers in their negotiations with liquidators while bearing your goals in mind. The problems that often arise on these occasions, such as continued delivery of goods (suppliers), offer of insolvency loans (banks) or handling security interests in insolvency, require practical experience in the relevant fields. We have many years of experience in these fields.