Our key areas of competence are comprehensive consultancy and representation in commercial and company law for companies and freelancers. We support our clients as business owners, partners, boards of directors and managers in every stage of their company from the “cradle to (active) retirement”. In our work we value, from a business point of view for our clients, and with respect to law, tax and finance, finding sustainable solutions in line with your interests.
Our areas of expertise in commercial and company law:
structural measures in accordance with company law
law on stock companies, Limited Liability Companies law, partnership law, law governing cooperatives
capital measures (capital increases and decreases)
transformation of limited companies (division, merger, changes of form)
sale of a totality of assets
we prepare partnership agreements and advise you on purchasing/selling companies, practices and company shares (mergers & acquisitions (M&A))
we advise you on all business decisions, such as “management buy-out/management buy-in” (MBO/MBI)
we support you in preparing and carrying out your commercial transactions
we support you in preparing and carrying out your company meetings
we deal with liability issues for business owners, partners and managers
we support you in mediation and disputes with regard to changes of partners and company liquidation
we put together advisory boards and are also available to existing advisory boards
To avoid conflicts between family members and partners and to ensure that their visions are implemented even after death, it is advisable to agree on succession provisions while the person is still alive. We are even available to provide our specialist knowledge in the case of transferring assets while the person is still alive.
We help you to overcome the various and complex issues which you will encounter in planning succession for your business and in personal questions regarding wills and inheritance contracts.
To cover these areas thoroughly, knowledge of the relevant areas of law, particularly tax and company law, is essential so that the legal aspects of the given situation can be correctly assessed and so that we can represent our clients successfully.
With PKS Stahl und Partner mbB in Schweinfurt, Kitzingen and Würzburg you have a whole team of specialist solicitors and tax consultants to fall back on, who will always be available to advise and represent you competently, effectively and efficiently in all aspects of inheritance law.
Our areas of expertise in inheritance law and inheritance tax law:
- Asset protection – succession planning
- Drawing up wills and inheritance contracts that are optimised with respect to tax law
- Deeds of gifts and asset transfers (anticipated inheritance)
- Defence and enforcement of claims to a compulsory portion or legacy
- Contesting and interpreting wills and inheritance contracts
- Disputes in a community of heirs
- Handling devolutions of inheritance to heirs
- Representation in inheritance disputes – in court and outside of court – and disputes with tax authorities
- Consultancy for inheritance tax law issues, in particular making declarations of gift and inheritance tax
- Enforcing a will
- Provisions for accidents, illnesses and old age by establishing a healthcare proxy and a living will
- Succession planning
We have several years of experience and expertise in liability and insurance law.
In the event of damage, we advise our clients with regard to liability and insurance law and take care of the claim settlements. Additionally, we make liability claims in and outside of court on behalf of our clients and defend our clients against liability claims.
We also advise and support our clients inside and outside of court in issues of insurance law in all insurance classes, including
- professional indemnity insurance (in particular personal liability, employers’ liability, liability for freelance professions, D&O liability insurance, environment and product liability, contract works insurance);
- property insurance (in particular car, building, homeowner’s, luggage, fire, burglary and contract works insurance);
- personal insurance (in particular life, health, accident and disability insurance);
- fidelity and credit insurance.
We also advise on insurance distribution law. Additionally, we represent our clients in and outside of court in making or defending against claims in the case of negligent advice from insurance companies and insurance brokers.